Thursday, April 24, 2014

What Books Made You Cry?

I have STRONG EMOTIONAL BONDS with my books. There has been many a time where I will be reading and I will throw the book against the wall, or slam it down, or drop it on my face...the run over and pick it up and hug it. Then I'll spend a considerable amount of time talking to friends who are reading along with me while posting and blogging on Facebook and Tumblr all the pain I went through.

However, there weren't too many books that made me cry. Only four, really.

The first? Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. (I am such a TID and TMI fangirl. Ugh.)
THAT ENDING WAS NOT OKAY. NOT. OKAY. I suppose it was meant to come, and the epilogue only added to my damaged feels (it sort of patched them up) but I was bawling like a little girl.



Second? Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
See what I said above? Ditto that. Only it was twenty times WORSE. (I threw that book clear across the room. After reading the last few chapters about eight hundred times to make sure I was seeing correctly.)

Here's how I see the cover: Once choice will break you. "Heart Snapper" by EVIL TROLL who wishes to eat your heart out *cue evil laughter*



Third? The Fault in our Stars by John Green.
Ugh UGH UGH EVIL HEARTBREAKER TROLL AUTHOR STRIKES AGAIN. Not only did he get me so undeniably attached to these people but HE BROKE MY FEELS to the point where I was like..................................for three days. *sobs uncontrollably* NOT OKAY it will NEVER be okay EVER.



Fourth? A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
I don't usually read classics for this exact reason....someone ALWAYS DIES and it DOESN'T PLEASE ME.  Oh wait...that happens anyways. *buys all the classics in the world* READ THEM ALL! Hahaha :D

This time, while I was reading, I was banging the book down on the table chanting "Please don't do what I think you're going to do!" until I got to the end where I burst into tears and ran away from the book. ( I LOVE IT THOUGH :D )


I do usually end up getting really annoyed or a little violent with my books, but few really made me cry. So, if there's an author out there who wrote one of these books reading this right now, good job. You broke me. You broke my feels.  You  broke my heart. You broke EVERYTHING. Permanently. Are you happy now?

Feel free to let me know what books made YOU cry. I might just go out and read them. :)

2 comments: